- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)3
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)5
- I want an angry president (06/21/16)16
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Man allegedly kicks woman, punches man after denied a sexual favor (06/23/16)
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Advance graduate will become superintendent of its schools (06/21/16)1
- Odd court hearing ends with judge declaring probable cause in abuse case (06/22/16)4
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)25
Rocket plane soars over Mojave Desert
MOJAVE, Calif. -- A fledgling aerospace company took another step toward making private space flights Monday as a rocket-powered plane soared 9,000 feet over the desert.
Xcor Aerospace's EZ-Rocket, outfitted with twin, 400-pound-thrust rocket engines, streaked off a windy Mojave Airport runway and into a cloudy sky.
Shimmering hot exhaust trailed during the demonstration flight for about 100 spectators.
Dick Rutan, who made history in 1986 as co-pilot on the first nonstop, around-the-world flight without refueling, was at the controls.