- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)4
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)13
- Witness says he saw man shoot Domorlo McCaster (8/19/16)2
- Southeast imposes 'interim suspension' of Sigma Nu fraternity over vandalism incident (8/19/16)22
- The Chrome Queens (8/21/16)2
- Pitmasters to descend on Arena Park for Cape BBQ Fest (8/19/16)2
- Local private school dreams bigger, plans for new building at Sprigg and Lexington (8/22/16)
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- Newsmakers 2016: Jason Bandermann (8/15/16)
- Gender-neutral restrooms now available at Southeast (8/18/16)38
Developments in New York plane crash
Developments related to the jetliner crash in New York City:
-- American Airlines jetliner en route to Dominican Republic crashes after takeoff from New York's Kennedy Airport, setting homes on fire in Rockaway section of Queens.
-- No immediate word about whether any of the 246 passengers and nine crewmembers on Flight 587 survived.
-- Crash set houses on fire in the densely populated area. At least 15 people reported injured on the ground.
-- Bush administration officials said the FBI believes an explosion occurred aboard the plane. But federal law enforcement official said there was no early evidence of terrorist involvement.
-- White House spokesman Ari Fleischer said there were no unusual communications from plane's cockpit. He said National Transportation Safety Board is leading investigation.
-- All NYC metropolitan-area airports -- Kennedy, LaGuardia and Newark, N.J. -- are closed. Delta Airlines diverts New York City-bound international flights to Boston, Cincinnati and Washington's Dulles airport.
-- Bridges and tunnels into the city are closed except to emergency vehicles. United Nations is partially locked down.