- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)41
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)18
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Military digest 11/12/01
Private graduates Army basic training
Army Pvt. Logan N. Kirk has graduated from basic infantry training at Fort Benning, Columbus, Ga.
He received training in drill and ceremonies, weapons, map reading, tactics, military courtesy, military justice, physical fitness, first aid and Army history and traditions.
He is the son of John and Julia Kirk of Benton, Mo., and a 2000 graduate of Thomas W. Kelly High School.
Perrville grad finishes Air Force basic training
Air Force Airman Matthew L. Johnson has graduated basic military training at Lackland Air Force Base in San Antonio, Texas.
During the six weeks of training, the airman studied the Air Force mission, organization and customs, performed drill and ceremony marches and received physical training and special training in human relations.
In addition, airmen who complete basic training earn credits toward an associate degree through the Community College of the Air Force.
He is the son of James and JoLynn Johnson of Perryville, Mo., and is a 2001 graduate of Perryville High School.
-- From staff reports
Central grad finishes training course in food
Joshua U. Jacob has graduated from the food service specialist advanced training course of the Army National Guard. He received training at Fort Lee in Petersburg, Va. During the course, Jacob learned about production schedules, serving and setting up kitchens in the field and food sanitation and storage.
He is a 2000 graduate of Cape Central High School.
-- From staff reports