- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- Lillian Rea Dooley, 79, of Chaffee died Monday, Nov. 5, 2001, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Dec. 7, 1921, in Atkins, Ark., daughter of Bertie Alvin and Katie Muirhead Bixler. She and Noble F. Dooley were married March 6, 1937. He died May 16, 1982.
Lillian was a member of First Christian Church.
Survivors include five sons, Troy Dooley of Jackson, Mo., Gerald Dooley of Terre Haute, Ind., Gary Dooley of St. Louis, Ed and Pete Dooley of Chaffee; four daughters, Joyce Dooley of Chaffee, Shirley Keachie of St. Louis, Linda Kraemer of Jackson, Rebecca Supak of Springfield, Mo.; a brother, Jack Bixler of Jackson; a sister, Berdine Hampton of Lansing, Mich.; 20 grandchildren; and 24 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a son, Larry Dooley; six brothers, a sister, and a grandchild.
Friends may call at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee after 4 p.m. today.
Funeral will be at 10 a.m. Wednesday at First Christian Church, with the Rev. Vyron Yount officiating. Burial will be in Forest Hill Memorial Gardens near Morley, Mo.