- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
State senator dies
JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. -- State Sen. Paula Carter, a St. Louis Democrat who had served in the Legislature for 15 years, died Monday after a lengthy illness. She was 61.
Carter, who had cancer, missed much of the regular legislative session this year because of her illness but returned to the Capitol during a September special session to vote for a prescription drug benefit.
She is survived by her mother, two sisters and four children. Funeral arrangements were not immediately available.