- Jackson man to cast electoral vote for Trump; others trying to dissuade him (11/29/16)51
- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Hotel chain president: City should regulate short-term lodging (11/27/16)16
- Former Cape council member dies, remembered as 'wonderful public servant' (11/29/16)1
- Woman accused in three robberies disguised herself as man (11/29/16)5
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)24
- Officers: Delta man dies during domestic dispute (11/28/16)1
- Business notebook: New store shows faith in Scott City district (11/28/16)
- Missouri chamber to honor Cape's John Mehner (11/30/16)6
- Men who pulled father, son from burning car near Naylor honored by highway patrol (12/1/16)
Armed Pakistanis join Taliban fight
PESHAWAR, Pakistan -- At least 1,500 armed Pakistani tribesmen crossed into neighboring Afghanistan on Sunday to join the Taliban in what they called a holy war against the United States.
Shouting "Death to America," bearded Pashtun tribesmen crowded into vans and the backs of pickup trucks, brandishing Kalashnikov rifles, rocket launchers and other weapons.
The tribesmen of the same ethnic group as many Afghans defied a ban by their government to join the fight.