- Plans in the works to save Esquire Theater on Broadway in Cape (2/21/18)2
- TJ's Burgers, Wings & Pizza expands with dining area in Fruitland (2/16/18)
- Pence gets it right in response to attack on Christian faith (2/17/18)11
- As February winds down, Chaffee looking forward to reopening of ice cream shop (2/21/18)1
- Scott City puts school on lockdown; officials say alleged threat 'not credible' (2/21/18)2
- The heart of the matter: Clinic helps patients rise above congestive heart failure (2/17/18)
- Local foodies share most romantic places (2/22/18)
Armed Pakistanis join Taliban fight
PESHAWAR, Pakistan -- At least 1,500 armed Pakistani tribesmen crossed into neighboring Afghanistan on Sunday to join the Taliban in what they called a holy war against the United States.
Shouting "Death to America," bearded Pashtun tribesmen crowded into vans and the backs of pickup trucks, brandishing Kalashnikov rifles, rocket launchers and other weapons.
The tribesmen of the same ethnic group as many Afghans defied a ban by their government to join the fight.