- Obama shortens sentence of inmate from Cape (1/19/17)9
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Area hospitals hope a box helps prevent infant deaths (1/19/17)6
- Jackson police describe night of anger, car crashes, drug possession by 18-year-old (1/22/17)5
- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)8
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)4
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)14
- Local students to perform with choir at inauguration (1/19/17)3
- Southeast to lose $3.5 million from state in budget cuts (1/18/17)21
- Subjects of interest in 1992 killing take polygraph tests; results not revealed (1/18/17)2
Armed Pakistanis join Taliban fight
PESHAWAR, Pakistan -- At least 1,500 armed Pakistani tribesmen crossed into neighboring Afghanistan on Sunday to join the Taliban in what they called a holy war against the United States.
Shouting "Death to America," bearded Pashtun tribesmen crowded into vans and the backs of pickup trucks, brandishing Kalashnikov rifles, rocket launchers and other weapons.
The tribesmen of the same ethnic group as many Afghans defied a ban by their government to join the fight.