- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
CAIRO, Ill. -- Ruth Baur, 89, of Bryan, Texas, died Thursday, Oct. 25, 2001, at Sherwood Healthcare in Bryan.
She was born in Green County, Ky., daughter of Daniel and Leanna Williams. She married Dr. Paul S. Baur, who preceded her in death.
Baur was formerly of Cairo, and was active in community affairs. The family moved to Texas in 1960. She moved to Bryan in 1964 and was assistant pharmacist at St. Joseph's Hospital until retiring in 1987. She was a member of First Presbyterian Church.
Survivors include six sons, Dr. Paul Baur Jr. of College Station, Texas, Dr. Ogden Baur of Sherman, Texas, Roger Baur of Houston, Texas, David Baur of Dallas, Texas, Richard Baur of Bryan, Danny Baur of Fort Wayne, Ind.; 18 grandchildren; and 24 great-grandchildren.
A memorial service will be held at 11 a.m. Saturday at First Presbyterian Church in Bryan.
Graveside service will be at 3:30 p.m. Sunday at Cairo City Cemetery in Villa Ridge, Ill. The Rev. Kelly Cox will officiate.
Barkett Funeral Home in Cairo is in charge of local arrangements.