- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Ruth Pearl Stokes, 87, died Saturday, Oct. 27, 2001, at Perryoaks Manor in Perryville.
Born Jan. 10, 1914, in Lumberton, N.C., she was the daughter of Malcom and Nellie Burchfill Wiggins.
She was married to Glen Stokes. She was a homemaker.
Survivors include three daughters, Frances Dixon of Franklin, Va., Aline Rooker of Roanoke Rapids, Va., and Annie Ruth Hicks of Morrison Okla.; a son, Eugene Stokes of Laurinburg, N.C.
She was preceded in death by her husband and two daughters.
Graveside services will be held at 2 p.m. today at Home Cemetery in Perryville, with Dennis Cebulak officiating. Miller Family Funeral Home in Perryville is in charge of arrangements.