- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Panda Express restaurant coming to Cape's Siemers Drive (2/14/17)2
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Southeast reports three confirmed cases of mumps; more cases possible (2/14/17)1
- Right to Work and Taxes (2/10/17)
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
Former renter's bill leaves son without water
To the editor:
My son lives in a small town in Southeast Missouri, and his water service has been turned off. The man in charge of reading of the meter stated that a renter before my son owed a bill and that my son had to pay that bill before the water could be turned back on.
My son is raising his 4-year-old by himself and has a hard time as it is. He has been carrying water from a neighboring water supply. They go to his dad's to bathe and do laundry.
It isn't right that my son has to pay someone else's bill. Soon the pipes will freeze and burst if there's no water flow.
Marble Hill, Mo.