- Man accused of setting fire to Delta bar; posted photos of it burning on Facebook (9/17/17)5
- McClure man accused of leaving children in hot truck while gambling in casino (9/19/17)1
- New boutique store advocates for special-needs people (9/19/17)
- Say Cheese: The story behind the famous sandwiches at the East Perry Fair (9/22/17)
- Anne Limbaugh dies, leaves legacy of caring (9/22/17)
- Retailer may come to Jackson; rezoning needed first (9/17/17)2
- Planet Fitness to anchor Town Plaza shopping center (9/18/17)2
- Former major-league slugger Darryl Strawberry to speak at La Croix (9/20/17)
- Mo. conservation agents help fight fires in western U.S. (9/15/17)
- Owner of Mary Jane Burgers & Brew in Perryville to open new culinary concept in Cape (9/15/17)3
Former renter's bill leaves son without water
To the editor:
My son lives in a small town in Southeast Missouri, and his water service has been turned off. The man in charge of reading of the meter stated that a renter before my son owed a bill and that my son had to pay that bill before the water could be turned back on.
My son is raising his 4-year-old by himself and has a hard time as it is. He has been carrying water from a neighboring water supply. They go to his dad's to bathe and do laundry.
It isn't right that my son has to pay someone else's bill. Soon the pipes will freeze and burst if there's no water flow.
Marble Hill, Mo.