- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Jay Nixon to talk at chamber coffee
Attorney General Jay Nixon, first elected to the post in 1992, will be speaker at the Cape Girardeau Chamber of Commerce First Friday Coffee at the Show Me Center Friday.
Nixon, a native of De Soto, Mo., is a graduate of the University of Missouri-Columbia, received a political science degree in 1978 and law degree in 1981.
He worked as a private attorney in Jefferson County until he was elected to the state office.
Nixon's office prosecutes numerous capital cases and handles more than 1,000 criminal cases a year.
The First Friday Coffee starts at 7:30 a.m.