- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Leona Janice Whitehead, 82, died Tuesday, Oct. 30, 2001, at Missouri Southern Healthcare at Dexter, Mo.
She was born July 29, 1919, at Morley, Mo., the daughter of William Elic Bailey and Lula Johnson Bailey. She married Leroy Wendell Whitehead at Bernie, Mo., on Sept. 14, 1940. He died Feb. 3, 1995.
She was a homemaker and a member of the North End Baptist Church at Mt. Morris, Mich.
She is survived by two daughters, Janet Ogelvie of Bernie, Mo., and Sandra Whitehead of Bullhead City, Ariz.; a son, Terry Whitehead of Linden, Mich.; 10 grandchildren; and nine great-grandchildren.
She also was preceded in death by her parents, two daughters, a son, five brothers and a grandson.
Services will be conducted at 2 p.m. today at the Rainey Funeral Home in Bernie, with the Rev. Joe Ogelvie officiating.
Burial will be at the Bernie Cemetery.