- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)23
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Son to Gregory Alan and Lisa Delaine Brown of Cape Girardeau, Southeast Missouri Hospital, 12:04 a.m. Wednesday, Oct. 24, 2001. Name, Jeremy Owen. Weight, 8 pounds 1 1/2 ounces. Second child, first son. Mrs. Brown is the former Lisa Niswonger, daughter of the late LeRoy and Euvela Niswonger of Cape Girardeau. She is a bookkeeper at Terra Dynamic L.C. Brown is the son of Rodger and Deborah Brown of Cape Girardeau. He is chief operations officer at Terra Dynamic L.C.
Son to Shawn C. and Natalie M. Kinder of Chaffee, Mo., Southeast Missouri Hospital, 6:27 a.m. Wednesday, Oct. 24, 2001. Name, Jayson Lane. Weight, 9 pounds 4 ounces. Second son. Mrs. Kinder is the former Natalie Leible, daughter of Phyllis Leible and Wayne F. Leible of Perryville, Mo. She is employed at Staples Office Superstore. Kinder is the son of Glenda F. Bass of Chaffee, and the late Claude Kinder and Larry Bass. He is employed at Cape Girardeau Fleeting.
Son to Jake Paul and Jessica Lynn Hitt of Jackson, Mo., Southeast Missouri Hospital, 9:15 a.m. Wednesday, Oct. 24, 2001. Name, Caleb Landon. Weight, 7 pounds 7 ounces. Second son. Mrs. Hitt is the former Jessica Harris, daughter of Larry Harris and Brenda Harris of Jackson. She is employed at Wood and Huston Bank. Hitt is the son of Paul Hitt and Gay Hitt of Millersville, Mo. He is employed at McDonough Mazda.
Son to Terry Wayne and Lisa Renee Cook Jr. of Jackson, Mo., Southeast Missouri Hospital, 2:18 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 24, 2001. Name, Gabriel Lee. Weight, 6 pounds. Third child, second son. Mrs. Cook is the former Lisa Gunter, daughter of Bonnie and David Dennis of Jackson. Cook is the son of Terry W. Cook Sr. of Meridian, Miss. He is employed at Monticello House.
Daughter to Bryan and Becky Welch of Advance, Mo., Southeast Missouri Hospital, 10:59 a.m. Thursday, Oct. 25, 2001. Name, Carly Jo. Weight, 7 pounds 4 ounces. Second child, first daughter. Mrs. Welch is the former Becky Hickson, daughter of Alberta King of Clarkton, Mo. Welch is the son of Mearl and Pat Welch of Vidalia, La. He is employed at SM&P Utility Resources Inc.
Son to Ken and Deneke Murphy of Cape Girardeau, Southeast Missouri Hospital, 3:07 p.m. Friday, Oct. 26, 2001. Name, Brady Wade. Weight, 9 pounds 11 1/2 ounces. Third child, first son. Mrs. Murphy is the former Deneke Borders, daughter of Connie Borders of Cape Girardeau and Ron Borders of Sikeston, Mo. Murphy is the son of Walter and Rose Murphy of Cape Girardeau. He is owner of Marvels and Legends Comics.