- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)20
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
DONGOLA, Ill. -- James W. "Red" Sloan, 83, of Dongola died Monday, Oct. 29, 2001, at his home.
He was born May 19, 1918, son of Charlie and Bertha Deen Sloan. He and Veryl Noah were married May 25, 1941. She died March 24, 1989. He and Mary Duty were married in 1990.
Sloan had been a lineman with Southern Illinois Electric Co-op.
Survivors include his wife; a son, Charles Sloan of Oneida, N.Y.; two daughters, Glenda Shepard of Jonesboro, Ill., Jean Barnes of Paducah, Ky.; a sister, Ruth Campbell of Paducah; seven stepchildren; nine grandchildren; and six great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by three sisters and a brother.
Friends may call at Crain Funeral Home in Dongola, Ill., after noon Thursday.
Funeral will be at 2 p.m. Thursday at the funeral home. Burial will be in Friendship Cemetery.