- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)18
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
Eurotunnel trains move illegal cargo
LILLE, France -- Freight train traffic in the Channel Tunnel was temporarily halted Tuesday after about 100 asylum-seekers tried to slip into the tunnel to enter Britain illegally, the French rail authority said.
Passenger trains were unaffected by the stoppage, which paralyzed freight train service.
between Britain and France for more than 10 hours, officials at the SNCF French rail authority said.
Eurotunnel estimates that it has stopped 18,500 refugees from reaching Britain in the first half of this year, prompting the company to spend more than $4 million to boost security at Coquelles, the freight terminal commonly used by refugees to cross to Britain.