- Cape man gets 8 years for robbery, his first offense (12/7/16)8
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)28
- Abuse suspect tries to take cop's gun; officer zaps him with Taser and punches his face (12/7/16)2
- Man sentenced to 103 years for murder of Cape woman (12/6/16)4
- Cape may allow residents to keep chickens; residents at meeting push for measure (12/6/16)33
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Group seeks to create a neighborhood park on Cape Girardeau's south side (12/7/16)14
- Lt. Gov. Kinder weighs in on Trump's win, his future plans (12/4/16)13
- Cape police warn of 'Grandparent Scam' (12/4/16)
No rides given to those against our nation's flag
To the editor:
Regarding Donn Miller's comment about our country's flag: He hitches rides every day, so I would like to know if a car comes by while he is out there looking for a ride and it has an American flag displayed on it, will he get in it and ride.
He might, but I can tell you that anyone who does not respect our country's flag and what it stands for will never get into my car.
MARY ANN DILLOW