- Obama shortens sentence of inmate from Cape (1/19/17)9
- Jackson police describe night of anger, car crashes, drug possession by 18-year-old (1/22/17)5
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Area hospitals hope a box helps prevent infant deaths (1/19/17)6
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)4
- Local students to perform with choir at inauguration (1/19/17)3
- Southeast to lose $3.5 million from state in budget cuts (1/18/17)21
- Subjects of interest in 1992 killing take polygraph tests; results not revealed (1/18/17)2
- Governor cuts $146 million, colleges take hit (1/17/17)
- Comedian, cancer survivor Tom Green headlines sold-out Cancer Center benefit (1/22/17)
No rides given to those against our nation's flag
To the editor:
Regarding Donn Miller's comment about our country's flag: He hitches rides every day, so I would like to know if a car comes by while he is out there looking for a ride and it has an American flag displayed on it, will he get in it and ride.
He might, but I can tell you that anyone who does not respect our country's flag and what it stands for will never get into my car.
MARY ANN DILLOW