- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
John D. Summers, 66, of Independence, Mo., died Monday, Oct. 22, 2001.
He was born Aug. 12, 1935, in Cape Girardeau, son of J. Doyle and Geraldine Summers. He attended Cape Girardeau Public Schools and Southeast Missouri State University.
Summers was national sales manager with Lennon Wallpaper, and was a member of Christ United Methodist Church.
Survivors include his wife, Patty; two sons, Scott and Tim Summers of Independence; a daughter, Beth Sparks of Lees Summit, Mo.; a brother, Joe Summers of Tampa, Fla.; a sister, Jerry Brown of Lansing, Mich.; and eight grandchildren.
Friends may call at Speaks Suburban Chapel in Independence from 7-8:30 p.m. Thursday.
Funeral will be at 10 a.m. Friday at the chapel. Burial will be in Oak Ridge Memory Gardens.