- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Otahks fall in five sets
CLARKSVILLE, Tenn. -- Southeast Missouri's volleyball team dropped a five-set match to Austin Peay in Ohio Valley Conference action Tuesday night.
Southeast dropped the first set 19-30, won the next two 32-30, 30-22, but dropped the fourth and fifth sets 24-30, 18-20.
Southeast fell to 11-10 overall and 7-4 in the OVC. Austin Peay evened its mark at 10-10 overall and 5-6 in the conference.
Jessica Houpt led the Otahkians with 22 kills while Bobbi Carlile had 19. Emily Johnson had a match-high 28 digs while Emily Scannell had 63 assists.
Austin Peay's Natalie Rossier set a school record with a match-high 30 digs.