- College algebra to be removed from Southeast required curriculum (10/10/17)1
- State declares test results for schools invalid (10/4/17)2
- Child-custody advocate: State law needs fix to provide parents with more equal custody (10/12/17)
- Cape Chinese restaurant purchases old Ponderosa property in Perryville (10/10/17)
- One of Cape's oldest mom-and-pop restaurants opens in new location (10/10/17)
- Past Rowdy the Redhawk mascot's identity revealed (10/15/17)
- Cancer will 'change your life, but it doesn't have to rule it' (10/8/17)
- Bills addressing equal child custody to be filed, legislators say (10/13/17)
- Ships to stay docked in Cape a week longer (10/10/17)
- Janet Koenig creates painted quilts to add flair to local barns (10/13/17)
Report - Shooting of actor holding fake gun justified
LOS ANGELES -- A police officer's fatal shooting of an actor holding a fake gun last year was justified because the officer believed the weapon was real, a police department internal review board has found.
In a recommendation to Police Chief Bernard Parks, the board said Officer Tarriel Hopper should not be disciplined for the death of Anthony Dwain Lee, police sources told the Los Angeles Times on Tuesday.
Lee's sister filed a lawsuit against Hopper, the police and the city in June.
Lee, 39, had a small role in the film "Liar Liar" and appeared in episodes of such TV shows as "NYPD Blue" and "E.R."