- Cape businessman known for starting NARS dies at 49 (2/23/17)9
- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)6
- Missouri bill would limit transgender school bathroom access (2/22/17)47
- Annual father-daughter dance provides some fun bonding time (2/19/17)1
- SoutheastHEALTH, Washington University School of Medicine announce collaboration (2/24/17)9
- City issues precautionary boil order near Arena Park (2/23/17)
- $22M bond issue would alter Jackson schools (2/22/17)12
Report - Shooting of actor holding fake gun justified
LOS ANGELES -- A police officer's fatal shooting of an actor holding a fake gun last year was justified because the officer believed the weapon was real, a police department internal review board has found.
In a recommendation to Police Chief Bernard Parks, the board said Officer Tarriel Hopper should not be disciplined for the death of Anthony Dwain Lee, police sources told the Los Angeles Times on Tuesday.
Lee's sister filed a lawsuit against Hopper, the police and the city in June.
Lee, 39, had a small role in the film "Liar Liar" and appeared in episodes of such TV shows as "NYPD Blue" and "E.R."