- Two men seriously hurt in crash near Fruitland (9/21/16)3
- Community helps Jackson family with two cases of muscular dystrophy (9/19/16)
- Concealed-carry restrictions remain in Missouri despite new state law (9/18/16)22
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Children's exposure to meth via parents is growing; Mo. Children's Division seeing effects (9/18/16)8
- Eldorado Resorts to buy Isle of Capri Casinos (9/20/16)7
- Poplar Bluff man accused of beating a grandmother to death with baseball bat (9/18/16)
- Funeral procession of former Cape Girardeau police chief Henry H. Gerecke (9/22/16)17
- Cape man accused of attacking pregnant girlfriend (9/22/16)
- Show Me Center upgrades may allow facility to draw more elaborate shows (9/21/16)17
Report - Shooting of actor holding fake gun justified
LOS ANGELES -- A police officer's fatal shooting of an actor holding a fake gun last year was justified because the officer believed the weapon was real, a police department internal review board has found.
In a recommendation to Police Chief Bernard Parks, the board said Officer Tarriel Hopper should not be disciplined for the death of Anthony Dwain Lee, police sources told the Los Angeles Times on Tuesday.
Lee's sister filed a lawsuit against Hopper, the police and the city in June.
Lee, 39, had a small role in the film "Liar Liar" and appeared in episodes of such TV shows as "NYPD Blue" and "E.R."