- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)5
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)13
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- The Chrome Queens (8/21/16)2
- Local private school dreams bigger, plans for new building at Sprigg and Lexington (8/22/16)
- Newsmakers 2016: Jason Bandermann (8/15/16)
- 'Santa' suspect Moffat sentenced to 12 years for sexual abuse of girl (8/23/16)2
- New CEO named at Wood & Huston Bank (8/21/16)
- Schnucks bans solicitors, including organizations like Salvation Army (8/24/16)38
- Police: Woman beat another woman with a bat over a pair of shoes (8/21/16)2
Report - Shooting of actor holding fake gun justified
LOS ANGELES -- A police officer's fatal shooting of an actor holding a fake gun last year was justified because the officer believed the weapon was real, a police department internal review board has found.
In a recommendation to Police Chief Bernard Parks, the board said Officer Tarriel Hopper should not be disciplined for the death of Anthony Dwain Lee, police sources told the Los Angeles Times on Tuesday.
Lee's sister filed a lawsuit against Hopper, the police and the city in June.
Lee, 39, had a small role in the film "Liar Liar" and appeared in episodes of such TV shows as "NYPD Blue" and "E.R."