- Witness says he saw man shoot Domorlo McCaster (8/19/16)2
- Logan's Roadhouse in Cape not closing; Ruby Tuesday fate still unknown (8/17/16)
- Students move into new fraternity housing at Southeast Missouri State University (8/18/16)2
- Mom angry her autistic son was left on bus; he later was discovered at bus lot (8/16/16)15
- Cape man to serve at least 21 months in prison for food-stamp fraud (8/16/16)5
- Southeast imposes 'interim suspension' of Sigma Nu fraternity over vandalism incident (8/19/16)21
- The Chrome Queens (8/21/16)2
- Pitmasters to descend on Arena Park for Cape BBQ Fest (8/19/16)2
- Store dedicated solely to Pokemon products will open soon in Cape (8/16/16)1
- Gender-neutral restrooms now available at Southeast (8/18/16)38
Yemen port shut to stop extremists
SAN'A, Yemen -- Yemeni authorities partially shut down the busy port of Aden on Sunday to prevent Islamic extremists from heading for Afghanistan to fight against U.S.-led attacks, a security official said.
He said the measure was meant to prevent ships from sailing to Saudi Arabia, Djibouti and Eritrea, where extremists could find means of reaching Afghanistan or neighboring Pakistan.