- Woman's post about 'Back the Blue' sign in Jackson coffee shop prompts firing from nearby bar (8/15/17)11
- Scott City man dies in motorcycle crash near Millersville (8/13/17)
- Sands Pancake House moving to Morgan Oak location (8/11/17)1
- Stoogefest headliner cancels, cites NAACP travel advisory in Missouri (8/15/17)2
- How to save a life: Lifeguards resuscitated young girl at Cape Splash (8/17/17)2
- Teen convicted of shooting area woman in 2015 (8/13/17)
- Man accused of making terror threats against dental office (8/13/17)
- Councilman: Scott City mayor, city administrator resigned (8/15/17)4
- Cape movie theater to feature recliners, new food and drink options (8/11/17)3
- Woman dies in house fire in Cape Girardeau County (8/16/17)
Yemen port shut to stop extremists
SAN'A, Yemen -- Yemeni authorities partially shut down the busy port of Aden on Sunday to prevent Islamic extremists from heading for Afghanistan to fight against U.S.-led attacks, a security official said.
He said the measure was meant to prevent ships from sailing to Saudi Arabia, Djibouti and Eritrea, where extremists could find means of reaching Afghanistan or neighboring Pakistan.