- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)21
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
Yemen port shut to stop extremists
SAN'A, Yemen -- Yemeni authorities partially shut down the busy port of Aden on Sunday to prevent Islamic extremists from heading for Afghanistan to fight against U.S.-led attacks, a security official said.
He said the measure was meant to prevent ships from sailing to Saudi Arabia, Djibouti and Eritrea, where extremists could find means of reaching Afghanistan or neighboring Pakistan.