- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
FARMINGTON, Mo. -- Elmina J. Beardsley, 87, of Farmington and formerly Marble Hill, Mo., died Saturday, Oct. 20, 2001, at the Community Manor in Farmington.
She was born Jan. 1, 1914, at Matthews, Mo., daughter of John and Josephine Johnson Shell. She and Lee O. Beardsley were married Oct. 17, 1931. He died Aug. 23, 1988.
Beardsley was a member of Lutesville General Baptist Church.
Survivors include six sons, Joe Beardsley of Farmington, Bob Beardsley of Rockford, Ill., Dan Beardsley of Walnut Ridge, Ark., Gary Beardsley of Advance, Mo., Rev. Larry Beardsley of Phoenix City, Ala., Charles Beardsley of Harrisburg, Ill.; a daughter, Lavona Bradley of Shirley, Ark.; a sister, Evelyn Wilford of Williamsville, Mo.; 27 grandchildren; 32 great-grandchildren; and four great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by two daughters, three brothers, a sister and two grandchildren.
Friends may call from 4-8 p.m. today at Liley Funeral Home in Marble Hill, Mo.
Funeral will be at 11 a.m. Tuesday at the funeral home. The Rev. Steve Beardsley and Rev. Ronnie McAtee will officiate, with burial in Bollinger County Memorial Park Cemetery.