- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
CRUMP, Mo. -- Alpha I. Hedge, age 101, passed away Saturday, Oct. 20, 2001, at the Lutheran Home in Cape Girardeau. Friends may call today between 4-8 p.m. at the McCombs Funeral Home in Jackson. Funeral service will be Tuesday at 1 p.m., at the funeral home, followed by interment in Russell Heights Cemetery. Rev. Joe Allen will officiate.
Mrs. Hedge was born Sept. 29, 1900, at Neelys Landing, Mo., daughter of Marion and Lilly Ackman Craft. She and Luther Hedge were married Aug. 30, 1919. Mr. Hedge passed away Feb. 3, 1992, after 72 years of marriage. Their only son, James Nelson Hedge, passed away Nov. 18, 1979. A granddaughter, Barbara Kunz, four brothers and two sisters also preceded her in death.
Loving survivors include a daughter-in-law, Ruth Ettling, and her husband, George, of Belleville, Ill.; granddaughter, Gail A. Woodruff of Lawrenceville, Ga.; sister, Vivian Proffer, of St. Charles, Mo.; four great-grandchildren, Steven D. Kunz, Stephanie K. Braswell, Michael J. Woodruff and Jonathan C. Woodruff; three great-great-grandchildren, Kayla, Alexia and Abby Braswell; and a host of dear friends.
Mr. and Mrs. Hedge lived in the Crump community all their lives. She was a lifelong member of Bethlehem General Baptist Church at Crump.
Expressions of sympathy may take the form of contributions to Bethlehem General Baptist Church.