- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)39
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)5
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Inmate sentenced for choking guard
CLAYTON, Mo. -- A man has been sentenced to 18 years in prison for choking a St. Louis County Justice Center guard last year in an attempted escape.
A judge ordered Dedric Rash, 29, to serve the sentence consecutive to a 50-year term he already is serving for an attempted abduction of a college student last year.
Rash had been convicted and was awaiting sentencing last year in the attempted kidnapping when he attacked Leonard Hines, who suffered rope burns before breaking free.
A prosecutor said authorities later found 150 feet of rope in Rash's jail locker.