- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Briana Kathleen Welker and Jamie Lee Brown exchanged vows Aug. 4, 2001, at St. Mary's Cathedral. The Rev. J. Friedel performed the double ring ceremony. Readers were Mary Ann Martin, aunt of the bride, and Angie Hulshof, cousin of the bride.
Carol Williams of Jackson, Mo., was organist. Vocalists were Lisa Simmons, Vicki and Tim Raines, Ed and Kathy Welker and Mary Jo Shaw, all of Cape Girardeau; Shaugn and Monica Reynolds of Washington, D.C.; and Tom Reynolds of Chicago.
Ed and Kathy Welker are parents of the bride. The groom is the son of Jim and Linda Brown of Jackson.
Maid of honor was Sarah Martin of Jackson, cousin of the bride. Bridesmaids were Mary Forester of Jackson, Danielle Bremer of Cape Girardeau, Keely Martin of Jackson, Jennifer Friga of Cape Girardeau, and Christi Hubbard of Jackson.
Ronnie Brown of Jackson served his brother as best man. Groomsmen were Kyle Bruce, John Litz, Robert Forester, Jason Lacy and John Wondel, all of Jackson. Ushers were Alex Welker of Washington, D.C., and Chris Welker of Cape Girardeau, brothers of the bride, and Lance Reinagel of St. Louis, cousin of the groom.
Candlelighters were Jim and Terri Welker, godparents of the bride.
Flower girl was Alexius Welker, daughter of Alex Welker and Danielle Vance and niece of the bride. Ringbearer was Andrew Hulshof, son of Philip and Angie Hulshof and cousin of the groom.
Pam Brown, aunt of the groom, attended the guest book. Program attendants were Adam Raines; Haili Shaw, cousin of the bride; and Jordan Brown, cousin of the groom.
Following the ceremony, a reception was held at St. Mary's Parish Center. Servers were Ann Welker, aunt of the bride; Emily Welker, cousin of the bride; Marietta Reinagel, aunt of the groom; and Angie Hulshof, cousin of the groom.
The groom's family hosted the rehearsal dinner Aug. 3 at the parish center.
The bride is a 1998 graduate of Notre Dame High School. She expects to receive a degree in early childhood education from Southeast Missouri State University in May 2002. She is employed at Christian School for the Young Years.
The groom is a 1996 graduate of Jackson High School, and received a degree in accounting from Southeast University in May 2001. He is employed in the accounting department at Spartech.
The couple resides in Jackson.