- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Myra Lynn Seyer and Robert Joseph Griffin were married Sept. 1, 2001, at St. Mary's Cathedral. The Rev. Charlie Pardee and Msgr. Richard Rolwing performed the double ring ceremony. Christian Cosas of St. Louis provided music. Vocalists were Kristen Foht and Co-bin Stuhlman of St. Louis, and Therese Griffin of Manassas, Va.
Michael R. and Brenda S. Seyer of Cape Girardeau are parents of the bride. The groom is the son of Thomas and Corrine Griffin of Broad Run, Va.
Maid of honor was Julie Peveler of Montgomery City, Mo. Bridesmaids were Amanda Staley of Columbia, Mo., Jennifer, Jessica and Jordan Nelson of Jackson, Mo., cousins of the bride; Corri Flake and Carri Adams of Columbia, and Amanda Webb of Cape Girardeau.
Michael Fegan of Sterling, Va., served the groom as best man. Groomsmen were James Griffin of Manassas, Thomas and Daniel Griffin of Broad Run, brothers of the groom; Mark Thessing of Rolla, Mo.; Paul Meier of Jacksonville, Fla., uncle of the groom; Nathan and Jonathan Seyer of Cape Girardeau, brothers of the bride. Ushers were Thomas Nagle of Manassas, Brad Thessing of Columbia, and Randy Heise of Kansas City, Mo.
Candlelighters were Loneal Garner of Cape Girardeau and Sharron Bennett of Alexandria, Ky., cousins of the bride. Ringbearer was Hunter Wilcox, son of Tom and Jennifer Wilcox of Cape Girardeau and cousin of the bride.
Guest book attendant was Tammy Askew, cousin of the bride.
Following the ceremony, the reception was held at Deerfield. Servers were Diane and Beth Staebel, aunt and cousin of the bride, and Jennifer Wilcox.
The groom's parents hosted the rehearsal dinner Aug. 31 at In The Wine Celler.
The bride received a bachelor of science degree in nursing from the University of Missouri-Columbia. She is a pediatric nurse at Georgetown University Hospital in Washington, D.C.
The groom received bachelor of arts degrees in journalism and history from UMC. He is a freelance writer in the Washington, D.C., area.
The couple resides in the Washington area.