- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)39
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)5
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
DELTA, Mo. -- Stella Louise Brown, 66, of Marble Hill, died Friday, Oct. 19, 2001, at St. Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
She was born at Delta, Feb. 15, 1935, daughter of John Fred Curtis and Suddy Biri Jaco.
She was a retired laundry supervisor at the Cape LaCroix Nursing Home in Cape Girardeau.
She married Delmar Kenneth ("Blue") Brown on Oct. 20, 1951. He preceded her in death Aug. 16, 1985.
She was a member of the Whitewater United Methodist Church.
She is survived by a son, Kenneth R. Brown, of Marble Hill; four daughters, Shirley Foulk and Carolyn Keller, both of Scott City, Jane Nall of Benton, Mo., and Nancy Garland, Marble Hill; two sisters, Blanch Foster, San Diego, Calif. and Hettie McClard, of Delta; and 12 grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a granddaughter, daughter and four brothers.
Service will be held at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel at Chaffee Monday at 11 a.m., with the Revs. Scott Cook and Steven Sanders officiating. Burial will be in Union Park Cemetery at Chaffee.
Friends may call at the funeral home today after 4 p.m.