- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
MARBLE HILL, Mo. -- Alta E. Eaker, 73, of North Fort Myers, Fla., died Thursday, Oct. 18, 2001, at her home.
She was born May 6, 1928, at Glen Allen, Mo., daughter of William M. and Alma Liley Miller. She was a retired cook. She married Jack D. Eaker April 4, 1987.
Survivors include her husband; a brother, Carl Miller of Marble Hill, Mo.; and three sisters, Mandy Stone, Lola Thomason and Margie Lee, all of Chaffee, Mo.
She was preceded in death by a brother and one sister.
Service will be held Monday at 11 a.m. at Liley Funeral Home Chapel, with the Rev. Gene Robbins officiating. Burial will follow in the Baker Cemetery.
Friends may call at the funeral home today from 4 to 8 p.m.