- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Robert H. Hood, 80, of Cape Girardeau, died Friday, Oct. 19, 2001, at St. Louis Veterans Hospital.
Hood was born April 11, 1921, at Gipsy, son of Henry and Daisy Skaggs Hood.
He was a retired head sawyer, and had worked at several mills in the area. He was a veteran of World War II, serving in the U.S. Army.
He married Glenda Randolph Jan. 17, 1960 at Zalma. She preceded him in death July 3, 1997.
Survivors include two step-sons, Marion Thomas Conder, of Clubb, Mo., and Trennis Lee Conder of Gipsy; a step-daughter, Evelyn Marie Conder of Cape Girardeau; a brother, Glen Hood, of Gipsy; a sister, Moneda Cook, of Fredericktown; and one step-grandson.
He was preceded in death by three brothers, one sister and one stepson.
Service will be held Monday at 11 a.m. at Morgan Funeral Chapel in Advance, with the Rev. Robert Porter officiating. Interment will be in Berrong Cemetery at Gipsy.
Friends may call at the funeral home today, from 5 to 8 p.m.