- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)36
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Military digest 10/21/01
Perryville graduate joins Army as infantryman
Brian Moll of St. Mary, Mo., has joined the U.S. Army. His job specialty is infantryman.
Moll, a 1998 graduate of Perryville Senior High School, will take basic and advanced training at Fort Benning, Ga., reporting for duty Oct. 30.
Moll is the son of Rick and Suzanne Moll of St. Mary.
Jackson graduate now stationed in Hawaii
Pfc. David Bill, U.S. Marine Corps, is currently stationed at Marine Corps Base Kaneohe Bay, Hawaii with the Third Battalion as an infantryman. While at basic training at Marine Corps Recruit Depot in San Diego, Calif., Bill gained the Marine Corps' highest rifle rating of expert. He then went to Infantry School at Camp Pendleton, Calif., where he qualified as a mortarman.
Bill, a graduate of Jackson High School in Jackson, Mo., is the son of Tina and Larry Bill of Jackson.
Ensign completes Navy command school
Ens. Steven Holland recently received his commission as a U.S. naval officer after completing officer candidate school at Naval Aviation Schools Command, Naval Air Station in Pensacola, Fla.
Holland is a 1985 graduate of Jackson High School of Jackson, Mo. He joined the Navy in July 1985. He is a 2000 graduate of Regents College, N.Y., with a BS degree. Holland is the son of Patricia Hutchings of Jackson, and Mike Holland of Charleston, S.C.
Cape graduate finishes Marine basic training
Marine Corps Pvt. John Keene recently completed basic training at Marine Corps Recruit Depot in San Diego, Calif.
Keene is a 2000 graduate of Cape Central High School in Cape Girardeau. He joined the Marine Corps in March. Keene is the son of Debbie and Dick Keene at Cape Girardeau.
Perryville man finishes Army basic training
U.S. Army Pvt. Jonathan A. Yancey has graduated from basic infantry training at Fort Benning, Columbus, Ga.
He is the son of Pami Yancey of New Lothrop, Mich., and Kethy Yancey of Perryville, Mo. He is a 2000 graduate of Perryville High School.
Cape graduate now in Navy's nuclear school
Lindsey Bruce Dirden recently completed Navy basic training in Great Lakes, Ill. He is now attending Nuclear Power School in Charleston, S.C.
Dirden, a 2001 graduate of Cape Central High School, is the son of Linda and Joe Dirden of Cape Girardeau.
-- From staff reports