- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)32
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Woman sets husband on fire
KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- A Kansas City man has second-degree burns on his face, neck, chest and hands after his wife doused him with gasoline and set him on fire, police said.
Jackson County prosecutors have charged Dorothy Robinson, 41, with first-degree domestic assault and armed criminal action for the incident early Friday.
Her husband, Herbert L. Robinson Jr., was taken to the hospital, but his injuries are not life-threatening.
Family members told police that Dorothy Robinson was angry at her husband who was at a casino Friday until about 3 a.m. She had a bucket of gasoline and a book of matches while she waited in a bedroom for his return, police said.