- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Panda Express restaurant coming to Cape's Siemers Drive (2/14/17)2
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Golden Corral nearing opening; soft open scheduled for Monday or Tuesday (2/12/17)8
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)21
- Southeast reports three confirmed cases of mumps; more cases possible (2/14/17)1
- Right to Work and Taxes (2/10/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
Bush- Terrorists attacked world economic system
SHANGHAI, China -- President Bush told business executives Saturday the attack on the World Trade Center was an assault on a free enterprise system that has fueled prosperity throughout the Pacific rim.
"The terrorists tried to shatter confidence in the world economic system, but they failed," Bush said. "The terrorists hoped world markets would collapse. But the markets have proved their resilience and fundamental strength."
He spoke during a photo session with Japanese Prime Minister Junichiro Koizumi.
Afterward, Bush attended the opening session of annual Asia-Pacific Economic Conference (APEC) forum, a gathering of 19 nations plus Hong Kong.