- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)10
- Arrest warrants filed for six drug suspects in Cape (7/19/16)6
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Suspect in downtown Cape shooting ID'd in court (7/20/16)2
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)15
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)5
- Governor signs Rep. Swan bill that equalizes child-custody criteria (7/6/16)5
- City may spend extra park tax money on Cape Splash, skate park, other projects (7/25/16)10
- Jackson's former police dog euthanized Monday (7/21/16)2
- 'I want to see how far I can go' (7/21/16)2
Bush- Terrorists attacked world economic system
SHANGHAI, China -- President Bush told business executives Saturday the attack on the World Trade Center was an assault on a free enterprise system that has fueled prosperity throughout the Pacific rim.
"The terrorists tried to shatter confidence in the world economic system, but they failed," Bush said. "The terrorists hoped world markets would collapse. But the markets have proved their resilience and fundamental strength."
He spoke during a photo session with Japanese Prime Minister Junichiro Koizumi.
Afterward, Bush attended the opening session of annual Asia-Pacific Economic Conference (APEC) forum, a gathering of 19 nations plus Hong Kong.