- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Jackson man to cast electoral vote for Trump; others trying to dissuade him (11/29/16)51
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)27
- Former Cape council member dies, remembered as 'wonderful public servant' (11/29/16)1
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Missouri chamber to honor Cape's John Mehner (11/30/16)6
- Woman accused in three robberies disguised herself as man (11/29/16)5
- Men who pulled father, son from burning car near Naylor honored by highway patrol (12/1/16)
- Cape woman hopes son's death in Chattanooga will lead to better policing (11/30/16)11
Bush- Terrorists attacked world economic system
SHANGHAI, China -- President Bush told business executives Saturday the attack on the World Trade Center was an assault on a free enterprise system that has fueled prosperity throughout the Pacific rim.
"The terrorists tried to shatter confidence in the world economic system, but they failed," Bush said. "The terrorists hoped world markets would collapse. But the markets have proved their resilience and fundamental strength."
He spoke during a photo session with Japanese Prime Minister Junichiro Koizumi.
Afterward, Bush attended the opening session of annual Asia-Pacific Economic Conference (APEC) forum, a gathering of 19 nations plus Hong Kong.