- Longtime downtown Cape bartender Marcellus Jones remembered by friends (6/12/18)2
- Stormy Daniels to visit East Cape Girardeau (6/13/18)20
- Singer Neal Boyd dies after struggle with health issues (6/12/18)1
- Cape man charged with stabbing, killing dog for revenge (6/8/18)9
- Couple charged in beating death at Brick's (6/13/18)
- A community rallies behind Honorable Young Men's Club (6/16/18)
- New Zaxby's restaurant open in Cape (6/13/18)3
- New urban dance studio opens on Broadway (6/15/18)2
Bush- Terrorists attacked world economic system
SHANGHAI, China -- President Bush told business executives Saturday the attack on the World Trade Center was an assault on a free enterprise system that has fueled prosperity throughout the Pacific rim.
"The terrorists tried to shatter confidence in the world economic system, but they failed," Bush said. "The terrorists hoped world markets would collapse. But the markets have proved their resilience and fundamental strength."
He spoke during a photo session with Japanese Prime Minister Junichiro Koizumi.
Afterward, Bush attended the opening session of annual Asia-Pacific Economic Conference (APEC) forum, a gathering of 19 nations plus Hong Kong.