- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)18
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
DEXTER, Mo. -- Rose Grady, 66, of Dexter, died Thursday, Oct. 18, 2001 at Missouri Southern Healthcare emergency room.
Born Feb. 2, 1935 in Arbyrd, Mo., she was the daughter of J.B. and Vandora Haddock Grady.
A retired high school mathematics teacher, Grady was a member of the Bernie Church of Christ.
She was a graduate of Harding University in Searcy, Ark., where she earned her bachelor's and master's degrees. She belonged to the Stoddard County Retired Teachers Association and served on the state Retired Teachers Association Membership Committee.
She was also a member of the breast cancer support group.
Survivors include one sister, Jewel Grady of Dexter; four sisters-in-law, Dora Grady of Dexter, Helen Grady of Sikeston, Ellen Grady of Fairview Heights, Ill., and Georgia Shearer of Benton.
In addition to her parents, she was preceded in death by four brothers.
Friends may call from 5-8 p.m. Saturday at the Rainey Funeral Home in Dexter. Funeral will be at 2 p.m. Sunday at the funeral home with Jim Faughn and Stan Dauck officiating. Burial will follow in the Dexter Cemetery.