- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
SE soccer pummels Morehead
Southeast Missouri State University's women's soccer team picked up its record 11th victory of the season in dominating fashion with a 7-0 victory over Morehead State Friday night at Houck Stadium.
Southeast (11-1, 3-0 Ohio Valley Conference) scored just 1 minute, 59 seconds into the game when Erin Slattery deposited a rebound from a Nichole Thiele shot. Diana Poovey upped the lead to 2-0 nearly 33 minutes later for a 2-0 halftime lead.
The Otahkians scored five goals in the second half to pull away from Morehead St. (2-13, 0-3): Slattery and Poovey both tacked on their second goals of the game; Thiele netted her sixth goal of the season; and Marla Gianino added a pair of goals.
The Otahkians, who lead the OVC, held a a 31-2 shooting advantage for the night. Senior goalkeeper Beth Guccione recorded her ninth shutout of the season and 12th of her career.
The seven goals were the most since Southeast scored nine against Youngstown St. last season.