- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Tenor to give recital Sunday
Tenor Dr. Christopher Goeke will give a recital of vocal literature at 3 p.m. Sunday at Old St. Vincent's Church.
Goeke, an associate professor of voice at Southeast, will sing Robert Schumann's "Dichterliebe," a song cycle based on the poems of Heinrich Heime. Dr. Gary Miller will provide piano accompaniment.
Goeke also will sing "Letters from Composers" by Dominick Argento, a composition for high voice and guitar. The seven songs are based on letters from Chopin, Mozart, Schubert, Bach, Debussy, Puccini and Schumann. Goeke will be accompanied on guitar by Jeffrey Noonan.
Tickets are $6 general, $5 faculty, staff and seniors and $4 students. Admission is free with a student ID.