- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)3
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)5
- I want an angry president (06/21/16)16
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Man allegedly kicks woman, punches man after denied a sexual favor (06/23/16)
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Advance graduate will become superintendent of its schools (06/21/16)1
- Odd court hearing ends with judge declaring probable cause in abuse case (06/22/16)4
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)25
Pentagon- Two die in helicopter crash in Pakistan
WASHINGTON -- A U.S. helicopter supporting a commando raid in Afghanistan crashed Friday in neighboring Pakistan, killing two people in the first combat-related American deaths of the military campaign.
A brief Pentagon statement said the helicopter crash was an accident but provided no details. The two military personnel who were killed were not immediately identified so their families could be notified first.
The helicopter was in the air Friday night to provide rescue assistance, if needed, during a raid inside southern Afghanistan by about 100 special operations forces, including Army Rangers, said a defense official who spoke on condition of anonymity.
The helicopter did not enter Afghanistan airspace, the official said.
The deaths bring to three the number of people killed since the U.S. military campaign against the al-Qaida terror network and the ruling Taliban militia began.