- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)3
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)5
- I want an angry president (06/21/16)16
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Man allegedly kicks woman, punches man after denied a sexual favor (06/23/16)
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Advance graduate will become superintendent of its schools (06/21/16)1
- Odd court hearing ends with judge declaring probable cause in abuse case (06/22/16)4
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)18
Workforce adds special testing center
Workforce Employment Solutions in Cape Girardeau, an employment firm with regional offices in Farmington, Ste. Genevieve, Perryville and Sikeston, recently held a day-long open house to introduce its new Wonderlic Testing Center.
Wonderlic, based in Libertyville, Ill., near Chicago, is a maker of recruiting, assessment and retention products, and consulting services for businesses and academic institutions.
According to a company spokesman, Wonderlic has assisted more than 50,000 organizations worldwide identify, select and retain qualified people.
Joe Rozier, vice president of Workforce Employment Solutions, said Wonderlic has never had an outside partner in its 63-year history.
"This is the first time the company has had a testing center for its products," said Rozier. "Last November we visited the corporate headquarters and brought up the idea."
Rozier said the cost of employee turn-over is so expensive that Wonderlich has developed an innovative recruiting and assessment tool.
Jessica Dorris, Workforce regional recruiter, said, "We've had prospective clients who have never heard of this resource, so finding it in their area is beneficial to them."
Dorris said results of the testing are usually available in one hour.
Job-seekers at the new testing center can take advantage of the Wonderlic personality profile. It is designed to describe a person's character in terms of job-related strengths and weaknesses.