- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Nordenia USA wins multiple industry awards
Nordenia USA, a manufacturer of packaging, was recently recognized by two industry and professional organizations for excellence and innovation in product design.
Nordenia received the Golden Mummy Award for excellence in packaging by the Films Division of Exxon Mobil Chemicals. The award was presented in September in conjunction with Pack Expo Las Vegas as part of the 15th anniversary celebration of the award. The Golden Mummy Award recognizes outstanding achievement in appearance, innovation and performance of flexible packaging for products that make use of Exxon Mobil films.
The award-winning design was Nordenia USA's "Body Smarts Creamy Fruit Chews" packaging. The product is a vitamin-enriched candy that requires special packaging for protection against moisture and oxygen. The award was received by Dr. Dan DeLaCruz, director of research and development for Nordenia.
Nordenia also received the 2001 Gold Ink Award from PrintMedia magazine in the Flexible Packaging category for the design and execution of the packaging for "Tyson Cornish Hens." In the same category, Nordenia also won the Silver Award for the "Kirkland Signature Four-Cheese Ravioli" packaging, and the Pewter Award for the "Clorox Fresh Step Crystals" and "Body Smarts Citrus and Yogurt Chews" packaging.
Nordenia USA was founded in Jackson in 1989 as M&W Packaging. Nordenia USA specializes in the manufacture of flexible packaging for consumer goods. It is a subsidiary of Nordenia International, a German corporation with manufacturing facilities worldwide.