- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Advance bank branch purchase finalized
The purchase of the Union Planters Bank branch in Advance by First Commercial Bank of Southeast Missouri in Chaffee has been finalized.
Norman B. Harty, president and chairman of the board for First Commerce, said the Advance location offers the opportunity for First Commercial Bank to expand its presence in small towns in Southeast Missouri.
The bank has offices in Chaffee, Morley, Benton, Gideon, Morehouse, and Dexter.
The sale of the Advance office by Union Planters included the land and building and local deposit accounts.