- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)32
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Dow Automotive plant to close
POPLAR BLUFF -- Dow Automotive is closing its facility at Poplar Bluff at year's end, leaving 21 workers without jobs.
The Poplar Bluff facility produced material for glass bonding for automotive windshields.
Production at the plant has been halted since February after a fire and explosion shut down operations.
Employees reportedly may choose relocation to other facilities within Dow Automotive or Dow Chemical, take retirement benefits and/or severance packages.
Dow obtained the plant at Poplar Bluff when it acquired Essex Specialty Production in October 1998.