- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)36
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
People talk 10/11/01
Rapper Eminem battles ex-wife on child support
MOUNT CLEMENS, Mich. -- Eminem's divorce is official after months of wrangling over child support.
The rapper, whose real name is Marshall Bruce Mathers III, and his ex-wife, Kim Mathers, will share custody of their 5-year-old daughter.
"It's always been Marshall's desire that whatever happened would happen in the best interest of the child," said Harvey Hauer, a Franklin attorney who represented Eminem.
In a divorce decree issued Friday, Macomb County Circuit Judge Donald G. Miller ordered Eminem to pay $1,000 a week -- or $52,000 yearly -- in child support to his ex-wife, the Detroit Free Press reported Tuesday.
Cash suffers bronchitis, goes to hospital
NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- Johnny Cash has been hospitalized again with bronchitis, his manager said.
"It doesn't look serious, but because of his condition we don't take any chances," said Lou Robin.
The 69-year-old country singer was admitted Sunday and was listed in stable condition on Wednesday.--From wire reports
Cash suffers from autonomic neuropathy, a disease of the nervous system that makes him susceptible to pneumonia. He's been hospitalized with the condition four times since 1998.
Garth Brooks releases first new songs in years
NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- Garth Brooks announced he will release an album next month, his first recording of new country songs in four years.
"Scarecrow" will be in stores on Nov. 13. It includes duets with George Jones and Trisha Yearwood, and the first single, "Wrapped Up in You."
Brooks, 39, has sold more than 100 million albums and scored enduring hits such as "The Dance" and "Friends in Low Places." He announced his retirement from touring last year and has scaled back his career, devoting most of his time since then to his three daughters in Oklahoma.
His last album of new country music was 1997's "Sevens." Brooks released a live album in 1998, and a pop album recorded as a fictional singer named Chris Gaines came out in 1999.