- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)23
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Joseph Ellis Jr.
CHARLESTON, Mo. -- Joseph H. Ellis Jr., 94, of Charleston died Wednesday, Oct. 3, 2001, at Missouri Delta Medical Center in Sikeston, Mo.
He was born April 20, 1907, in Newbern, Tenn., son of Joseph H. and Willie Mae Green Ellis Sr. He and Inez Tate were married Nov. 29, 1947.
Ellis was a member of St. Henry Catholic Church.
Survivors include his wife; three sons, Robert Hollomon of Chicago, Joseph Ellis III of Bellwood, Ill., Franklin Ellis of Cape Girardeau; two daughters, Lottie Brown of Grand Rapids, Mich., Narda Ellis of Charleston; numerous grandchildren, great-grandchildren and great-great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by four children.
Friends may call at Sparks Funeral Home from 6-8 p.m. Sunday. Parish prayers will be at 7.
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Monday at St. Henry's Church, with the Rev. Gerald Brown officiating. Burial will be in Calvary Cemetery.