- Waller deemed competent to stand trial (1/11/17)5
- Young Elvis impersonator from Bernie performs on 'Ellen DeGeneres Show' (1/12/17)
- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)7
- 113 drug tests at Jackson High net one instance of illicit usage (1/11/17)15
- Two men shot after argument; houses also struck by bullets (1/12/17)21
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)14
- Two Cape men recovering after shooting (1/13/17)
- Imo's Pizza will be added to Rhodes 101 convenience store in Jackson (1/10/17)16
- Wallingford proposes bill to collect sales taxes on online purchases (1/11/17)30
Good, quick care shows that Cape is fortunate area
To the editor:
I'm an elderly retired registered nurse who recently returned to Cape Girardeau to live with my daughter. On Sept. 25, I went to Doctors Park for an appointment. I tripped and fell on the sidewalk, unable to move. I called for help. A pretty young woman rushed to help me. Soon many responded. All provided compassionate and competent care until the ambulance arrived and took me to the hospital. The ambulance crews and emergency-room staff were great.
It is a good feeling to know that such high-quality medical care is available and prompt. People of this area are indeed fortunate.