- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Three sustain moderate injuries
A Jackson, Mo., man sustained moderate injuries late Saturday night near New Wells, Mo., while a Cape Girardeau driver and her Scott City, Mo., passenger were both moderately injured in an accident Sunday afternoon near Scott City.
Timothy Scholl, 35, of Jackson was taken to St. Francis Medical Center after the accident at 11:35 p.m. Saturday on Highway C, .7 miles south of New Wells. According to the Missouri Highway Patrol, Scholl's vehicle ran off the road in a curve and down an embankment, striking trees.
He was issued a summons for driving while intoxicated and failure to drive in a single lane.
In the other accident, Candace Palermo, 18, of Cape Girardeau was taken to Southeast Missouri Hospital Sunday afternoon after her vehicle ran off a curve, struck a ditch and overturned on Highway N, 2 miles south of Scott City.
Her passenger, Derrick Sander, 28, of Scott City was taken to the same hospital with moderate injuries.