- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
SE drops first OVC match
MARTIN, Tenn. -- Southeast Missouri State University dropped its first Ohio Valley Conference volleyball match of the season to Tennessee-Martin on Saturday.
The Otahkians fell in straight sets 30-26, 30-27, 30-28 to the preseason favorites.
The loss dropped Southeast to 4-1 in the conference and 6-6 overall. Tennessee-Martin improved to 3-2 in the OVC and 9-6 overall.
Southeast's Bobbi Carlile had a match-high 19 kills, while Sarah Frost had 11 kills and 11 digs. Emily Scannell set teammates up with 41 assists.
Natalie Klevan led UTM with 16 kills, nine digs and four aces.