- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Two killed in Bootheel crash
MOREHOUSE, Mo. -- A car accident in the Bootheel has left two people dead and two others injured, the Missouri State Highway Patrol said.
The car carrying four passengers from Canalou went off a New Madrid County road south of Morehouse at about 8:30 a.m. Saturday and ran into a parked commercial trailer, the patrol said.
The crash killed the driver, Tressie Drew, 38, and passenger, 9-year-old Courtney Drew.
The two injured passengers were taken to Missouri Delta Medical Center in Sikeston, the patrol said.