- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)6
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- Tours provide a glimpse of Cape Girardeau's supposedly haunted past (10/17/16)1
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)3
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
Plane insurance increases tenfold
LONDON -- Airlines are being hit with huge increases to insure their planes after the terrorist attacks in the United States, a major aviation insurance company said Friday.
Goshawk Insurance Holdings, which insures aircraft around the world, said rates had soared as much as tenfold since the Sept. 11 terror attacks when four airliners were destroyed in the United States.