- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)10
- Woman sleeping in car accused of attacking Cape officer (7/26/16)13
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)15
- Former Scott City mayor refutes claims made about loss of curbside recycling pickup (7/26/16)
- Burglary of trailer leaves its residents homeless (7/27/16)4
- Cape resident gets seven years in prison for shooting at man (7/26/16)1
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)5
- Foot plots provide habitats and nutrition to attract wildlife, grow populations (7/18/16)
- City may spend extra park tax money on Cape Splash, skate park, other projects (7/25/16)10
Plane insurance increases tenfold
LONDON -- Airlines are being hit with huge increases to insure their planes after the terrorist attacks in the United States, a major aviation insurance company said Friday.
Goshawk Insurance Holdings, which insures aircraft around the world, said rates had soared as much as tenfold since the Sept. 11 terror attacks when four airliners were destroyed in the United States.