- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Graveside service for Elizabeth Fannie Russell of Cape Girardeau will be held at 1 p.m. Wednesday at Lorimier Cemetery. David Mueller will officiate.
Lorberg Memorial Funeral Chapel is in charge of arrangements.
Russell, 88, died Friday, Sept. 21, 2001, at Heartland Care Rehab Center.
She was born Jan. 10, 1913, in Pikeville, Tenn., daughter of William and Sarah Presley Brock. She and Noel T. Russell were married Nov. 30, 1929, in Blytheville, Ark. He died Jan. 26, 1995.
Survivors include two sons, Jerry Russell of Palm Bay, Fla., Jack Russell of Cape Girardeau; eight daughters, Margie Howard of Bridgeman, Mich., Ethel Chambers of Hartford, Mich., Mary Elmore of Mt. Holly, N.C., Ruth Wade, Christene Deeson and Patsy Russell, all of Cape Girardeau, Carolyn Beauchamp of Frisco, Texas, Linda Baginske of St. Joseph, Mich.; a brother, Leather Brock of Arkansas; 43 grandchildren; 57 great-grandchildren; and 13 great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a son, a daughter, a grandson, a great-granddaughter, two sisters, and five brothers.