- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)18
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
SEMO athletes nab OVC weekly honors
Southeast Missouri State University athletes Beth Guccione and Bobbi Carlile have been honored by the Ohio Valley Conference.
Guccione was named OVC Soccer Player of the Week as the senior goalkeeper recorded two shutouts and five saves in a pair of Otahkian wins. Guccione has been in the nets every minute so far this season as the Otahkians are 6-0 and have not allowed a goal.
Carlile was named OVC Volleyball Offensive Player of the Week. The junior outside hitter averaged 4.33 kills per game and a .333 hitting percentage as the Otahkians won three times to push their OVC regular-season winning streak to 36 matches.