- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
ULLIN, Ill. -- Funeral for Norse "Dutch" Brown of Ullin will be held at 11 a.m. Friday at Crain Funeral Home in Ullin. The Rev. Richard Martin will officiate. Burial will be in Butter Ridge Cemetery.
Friends may call at the funeral home from 5-8 p.m. today.
Brown, 74, died Friday, Sept. 14, 2001, at Scripps Memorial Hospital in Chula Vista, Calif.
He was born Oct. 12, 1926, in Illinois, son of Lewis and Marie Egner Brown. He and Oleta Slusher were married Jan. 7, 1945.
Brown was a farmer.
Survivors include his wife; two daughters, Connie Pair of Du Quoin, Ill., Loretta Severs of Ullin; two sons, Mike Brown of Ullin, Mark Brown of Villa Ridge, Ill.; seven grandchildren; and six great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents, two brothers, and a grandson.