- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
ANNA, Ill. -- Carol Jane Burnett, 56, of Anna died Sunday, Sept. 16, 2001, at Harrisburg Medical Center in Harrisburg, Ill.
She was born May 16, 1945, in Olney, Ill., daughter of Charles Sherman and Cathryn Fildes Fee. She and Don Burnett were married Sept. 2, 1967, in Olney.
Burnett was a graduate of Southern Illinois University. She formerly taught English and French at Egyptian High School. She was a member of and deacon at Evangelical Presbyterian Church, sang in the choir and was a Sunday school teacher.
Survivors include her husband; three daughters, Andrea Burnett of Carbondale, Ill., Laura Carbonell of Pompano Beach, Fla., Jane Cotter of Chicago; and a brother, Charles Fee of Lakeland, Fla.
She was preceded in death by her parents and a brother.
Friends may call at Lutz and Rendleman Funeral Home in Anna from 6-9 p.m. Wednesday, and after 9:30 a.m. Thursday at Evangelical Presbyterian Church.
Funeral will be at 11 a.m. Thursday at the church, with the Revs. Steve Wilkinson and Ron Cox officiating. Burial will be in Anna City Cemetery.