- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
CHARLESTON, Mo. -- Michelle LaKay Horton, 18, of Charleston died Friday, Sept. 14, 2001, in an automobile accident in Effingham, Ill.
She was born March 27, 1983, at Charleston, daughter of Evelyn Horton and Larry McCain.
Horton was a 2001 graduate of Charleston High School.
Survivors include her parents; two daughters, Monica Horton and Markia Evans of Charleston; four sisters, LaMesha and Ashley Horton, Laturia Ashberry and Edquena Verner, all of Charleston; three brothers, Larry and Rashad Johnson of Charleston, Rashan Johnson of Denver, Colo.; maternal grandmother, Mary Riggin of Charleston; paternal grandmother and stepgrandfather, Stella and Evlin Greer of Wyatt, Mo., paternal grandfather, Ruben Swope of Chicago; and a friend, Mario Evans of Charleston.
Friends may call at Sparks Funeral Home from 7-8 p.m. Thursday.
Funeral will be at 2 p.m. Friday at Bowden Civic Center, with the Rev. Tommy Evans officiating. Burial will be in Oak Grove Cemetery.